Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,651   Online: 853

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Portraits On Kodak Vericolor & PMC Films

Does anyone here think that there is or will ever be an equal to the Kodak Vericolor and PMC films for portraiture ? I have yet to find anything as nice.

A bride on Kodak PMC (Pro MC) 400:

A candid on Kodak Vericolor (VPS) 160:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to use tons of Vericolour both S and L and PMC when it was made, but since these films are no longer manufactured I think it is no great loss because the current Kodak Portra 160 and 400 are even better.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 07-23-2014 at 07:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I used to use tons of Vericolour both S and L and PMC when it was made, but since these films are no longer manufactured I think it is no great loss because the current Kodak Portra 160 and 400 are even better.
    Oh ? I've tried Portra, with very pleasing results (see photo below) - but it seemed like maybe the grain structure isn't quite like the older MC films or something (perhaps it's a finer T-grain ?). I dunno - maybe it's just a figment of my imagination. But if Kodak replaced the VPS and PMC with it, they must have seen some improvement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm just thankful that they are still manufacturing these two great portrait films,quit while you're ahead.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin