Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,191   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I would love to do this....I would attempt to be a photographer professionally if I knew I would be able to do it on film and develop it myself.
    Just Do It. Forget about whether it is film or digital and start worrying about the "professional" aspect of it. Photography itself is perhaps 15 - 20 percent of what is involved with being a professional photographer. If you really are a "professional," who people come to because they like your style and work ethic, the medium will not matter to them. Just use the best tools you have at your disposal to do the best that you can.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the encouragement I'll give these portraits a try and see where it goes
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Guys- I am wondering if anyone out there uses the Rolleiflex often for portraits. It seems to me like it would be great but the lens could be longer? Any thought? I will be doing outdoor and possibly some studio.

Patrick
    Go back to post 6 on this thread.

Click on Rolleiflexible's (Sanders McNews') flickr link, which is full of Rollieflex images, and review same.

You will be able to answer this question for yourself!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It seems to me like it would be great but the lens could be longer?
    This is an opportunity not a problem.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would love to do this....I would attempt to be a photographer professionally if I knew I would be able to do it on film and develop it myself.
    hi patrick

there will for a long time be film and paper to make black and white images.
    maybe in a few years it will be more expensive, but it will still be around.

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know. I guess I should really think about making this a career. I just enjoy photography so much in its purist form with Rolleiflex, 4X5, and my darkroom and I have explored the other side and have no interest at all.....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A TLR, especially a Rolleiflex, is a great portrait camera, especially for environmental portraits. Its only shortcoming is tight head shots, and Sanders can show you how to overcome that, as well. Look at his work!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some of the Worlds best portraits ever have been shot with Rolleiflex cameras with standard lenses, and you don't have to be a "professional" to have a professional approach to your work,. there are many pro. portrait photographers "I wouldn't pay in spring washers" for their work, there's only good photographers and bad photographers and mediocre ones.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The secret feature of every good 120 TLR !

Hidden inside every 6x6 negative,
    is a 35mm headshot made by a perfect portrait lens.

With a cheap old Durst enlarger from the '50s or '60s,
    and a Rolleiflex/Minolta/Mamiya/WhatHaveYou,
    you can do world class work.

All that has changed since the heyday of the TLR is that films are so, so, so much better today.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format

What do you think? I love the Rollei for portrait work. It's perfect.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin