Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,395   Online: 1137

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Von, that photo definitely stirs up some feelings. I have a 6 week old daughter who weighs around 10lb, maybe more. She looks alot different to your 3. I hope the continue to be happy and healthy fellows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Vaughn -- Third generation first (given) name. Where it came from before then is not known by me. (that side of the family arrived in the Americas in the later 1600's from England)

Do you have a maiden name too?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Do you have a maiden name too?
    Oh get sirius...
    Last edited by Vaughn; 07-21-2011 at 07:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just checked in again...
    Shoot some pushed tri-x or that Delta 3200.
    .... else all else fails this is definitely a job for the D700 and the 105 1.8 set wide open. (sorry... )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Portra 800 120 is what I used.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A two pound baby sounds so soft, sensitive, cute and gentle. I suggest that you try less amount of lighting and if possible avoid flashes.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by halldaniel21 View Post
    A two pound baby sounds so soft, sensitive, cute and gentle...
    May sound that way, but that is far from the reality of the situation. Think more mis-shapened, off-color, fragile, and helpless.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Time for an update!

Charlotte is doing well, but she's still in the hospital until she can put some weight on. Fingers crossed home soon.

I'm starting to approach an acceptable result. The winning strategy so far is the Rollei with a close focus diopter, enlarged onto ilford ortho plus, contact printed back onto ortho and finally Pd printed.

The biggest hiccup was when Charlotte needed a chest and abdomen x-ray. The incubators have a cleverly designed film holder built into the base which allows the hospital staff to roll in a portable x-ray machine and shoot straight through her cot. They roll in metal screens to protect the other babies and ask the parents to leave the room whilst a lead-clad operator does the business. When I left, I forgot my Rollei which was under my chair next to the incubator. When I processed it I found the numbers and circles from the paper backing were burnt into the film...

I'll post a picture of my favourite print shortly.

J.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Good to hear that Charlotte is doing well!
    All too soon you'll be thinking of asking the NICU to take Charlotte back for a few days so that you can catch up on some sleep!

Vaughn

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am thrilled to hear of Charlotte's progress! Thoughs, prayers and well wishes to your family for continued progress!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin