Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,587   Online: 896

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Your photo is just gorgeous! Having restored many of my grandparents' family photos, these shots are to be treasured. (Making note of who is who in the photo and when and where it was taken is a blessing for future generations also - just as a side note )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    Your photo is just gorgeous! Having restored many of my grandparents' family photos, these shots are to be treasured. (Making note of who is who in the photo and when and where it was taken is a blessing for future generations also - just as a side note )
    A friend of mine has an old family photo---no one is quite sure who's who in it or where and when it was taken, and the contextual clues are really limited; but thankfully some helpful person wrote on the back: "Taken three days ago." :-)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you for sharing. My experience with family group pictures has always been that the dogs are the easiest of the group to have right in every negative.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Outstanding! A true treasure. The kids in that photo will be able to look back on that day in their memories when they have their own families, and recall the fun they had getting there. All because of you!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    A friend of mine has an old family photo---no one is quite sure who's who in it or where and when it was taken, and the contextual clues are really limited; but thankfully some helpful person wrote on the back: "Taken three days ago." :-)

-NT
    Yep, that definitely tops the dozen or so photos I have labelled with things like "My mum" with no idea who made the notation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Family is a common B&W film subject of mine too! Keep it up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Make many more of this type of photo. 50 or 100 years from now your descendants will be happy to see them, just like you probably look at old family photographs. On the other hand, the likelihood of being able to view a similar picture taken digitally in 50-100 years are slim and almost none.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome photo. Thanks for sharing.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is one of those photos that some or all the people in the photo will keep for as long as they all remain close. You did a great job there.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have a point. I just wanted to crow about a successful printing session and the fun factor of using the photographic medium as it used to be done.
    Well, thanks for sharing your story. Actually the point I take from this is that we should take more family pictures and don't take people around us for granted. Your kids will be around for a while longer so you have a good chance to build up a photographic memory. I blame myself for not taking the portraits of my parents while I had the time, the equipment and they were still around. It just breaks my heart, I was the "so-called" family photographer, and I took pictures for the last 25 years of everything under the sun except my parents. How stupid of me! Yes, I have the occasional snap-shot at X-Mas or a birthday party but have never asked them to sit for me for a family picture.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin