A question to the art experts. You'll know the style of photography as I procede to describe it's basic characteristics. I am looking back historically for some photographers who did this type of (fashion, or Art Deco style???) of photography in the earliest part of the 20th century.
1. Most likely from 1900-1929
2. Probably German, or maybe American in origin
3. Art Deco, maybe Art Nouveau??
4. The entire composition is based in front of a large blank wall.
5. Lighting is somewhat subdued and directional across the subject.
6. A woman dressed in white airy flowing dress. Possibly semi-transparent material.
7. She is arched backward in almost a perfect arch.
8. One or both hands may be raised above her in a ballet type manuever.
9. There are scenes in the movie Metropolis that fit into the style I am describing.
10: Added: Sometimes the subject might hold a globe or object raised in one hand.
I believe this type of photography was created as art only. I can try to be more descriptive if required. Many thanks in advance. Dann