Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,472   Online: 1060

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, I could have taken a shot like that but passed on it!

No the problem that the photograph as fake looking is that they are fake. Check florists in your area.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    best advise !

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cramej View Post
    But DHMO kills people! And in large quantities can be very dangerous. It's also very easy to get burns from it....

FYI, I wrote a high school paper and a college paper on it. I had my college writing professor convinced until the very end that we should ban DHMO. I also used it in my college speech class and had over half my class convinced that it should be banned!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    I am just waiting for someone to come along and say they look fake because you used digital
    Obviously it looks fake because you used digital!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    imo, your best bet is to go to a florist (a good one, not in a grocery store) and ask them if they can order amazon calla lilies (those are the big ones). If you have a picture of what you want for them to reference, that might be a good idea, too. Near Boston, they used to cost around $12-15 each, but were the freshest possible. At least at the florist I used, they'd get them on their next trip to the wholesale market and would call me as soon as they were back in the shop. They went about twice a week, so I usually didn't have to wait long if I wanted something specific. It was a lot better than just waiting until I found what I wanted. Admittedly, where I live now, I have no idea if they'd be able to get what I want.

Images
    I went to what passes for a florist here was told they could not get the large ones because they ordered in bulk. Their bread and butter are weddings and funerals so cater to that group. And that group has to choose from what they have on hand. Sucks living in the sticks.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I went to what passes for a florist here was told they could not get the large ones because they ordered in bulk. Their bread and butter are weddings and funerals so cater to that group. And that group has to choose from what they have on hand. Sucks living in the sticks.
    I haven't asked out here, but I'd probably get a similar answer. Yup, it sucks living in the sticks. I miss eastern MA. Never thought I'd say that when I first moved there.

Does your idea involve real sharpness or could you get away with a diffusion filter of some sort? That might soften the edges of the flowers enough so they wouldn't look as fake.

Images
    Unfortunately it has to be tack sharp.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin