Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,952   Online: 1051

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

Making fake flowers look like real flowers?

Anyone have any luck making fake flowers look real. I have idea and it needs large Callas. No one here has them but they have fake. I took a pic of them in the store with a digital camera and they just look fake. Is there anything I can do to make them look real?

This is one of those ideas that will not work with any other type of flower.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Spritz them with a bit of dihydrogen monoxide (H2O). Should make the look somewhat more alive.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you can't find any dihydrogen monoxide, then hydrogen hydroxide (HOH) will also work.

ME Super
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But in either case (dihydrogen monoxide, dihydrogen monoxide) it will work just as well if you mix it 1:1 with water.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A soft filter, lith printing or creative lighting might get you a bit closer, maybe?
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But DHMO kills people! And in large quantities can be very dangerous. It's also very easy to get burns from it....

FYI, I wrote a high school paper and a college paper on it. I had my college writing professor convinced until the very end that we should ban DHMO. I also used it in my college speech class and had over half my class convinced that it should be banned!

On topic, make sure you trim all the little threads off the edges. That really gives it away.

Shooter
    35mm
    The thing about spraying some water will help a lot indeed.
    And maybe try some harsh lighting so the flowers are getting close to blown out if that is not a problem with the shoot or keep them in the shadows. Anyhow just avoid getting them the proper lighting.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    May be you can vaseline it , I dont know how you will clean them later but dont pass them to your lover

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Though not cheap, silk calla lilies are very lifelike and don't need any make-up. The real thing is very matte with no gloss or shine. Forget the water beads. If you need that overworked look, then get get real flowers and spritz away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I took a pic of them in the store with a digital camera and they just look fake.
    I am just waiting for someone to come along and say they look fake because you used digital
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin