Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,118   Online: 737

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

I know there is a picture in those old boots but darned if I can find it

I found a pair of old boots a welder left on their abandoned boat at our storage business. The boat is nothing special and has no character but the boots are cool. I just can't make an image out of them. I searched for images of old boots in hopes of a revelation but nothing I found turned my crank.

Anyone else ever find an object or objects that you KNEW had a picture in it but just can't get the darn things to talk to you?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many times. Abandoned cars or farm equipment in a field or woods has been common with me.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found a broken crystal paperweight in an abandoned house once - I took 2-rolls of film from various angles and positions but none of them looked right. I am convinced there was a picture there but I can't put it together.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely but don't give up. If you still can revisit the subject later, your brain will do the work in the background and may come up with the right composition or idea. I feel sorry for the subjects that I can no longer revisit, I feel like I failed and wasted a good opportunity
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had this happen on more than one occasion. I take some solace in the fact I have company.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is an, overgrown WPA era park (stone staircase, fountain, and a grill) near my house that I've not figured out yet, but I think I'm getting closer.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. It's even happened with naked women*...

* I am IN NO WAY implying that naked women are objects!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's very common. Think back to the feeling that you had when you first saw them and had the thought if an image and its probably it there somewhere...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not the boots, it's the light. Wait for it and have a camera with you always

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same thing happened with me. There was a pile of old weathered fencing in our back yard for 3 or 4 months that I "saw" a photograph there. I tried different lighting, night flash etc. I even tried different format 35mm, 120 (6x4.5 & 6x6) After several times with everything I had I was not happy with the outcome. Fortunately for me it was removed.
    I printed a few that were better and sepia toned a few and it only turned out to be that it was only old lumber I was looking at. "Nothing here folks just move along". Another photography lesson.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 03-03-2013 at 06:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin