Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,875   Online: 1155

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is it a bit 'Rude' ?

Here is a Still-life I took to use up some film and I have been told it 'looks a bit RUDE' -- I was innocent at the time of taking ---

Still-Life by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Hasselblad 501CM + 180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T*, 2002 outdated Fuji NPC 160 film rated 100 ASA, processed myself in C41, Bowens Flash + reflector, Epson 1650 flatbed scanner, Vuescan, PhotoShop 7
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do like the colours. Depending on one's imagination, it conjours up an image of a couple of things.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The yellow capsicum has a passing resemblance to a backside I saw in town over the weekend. Perhaps Esther Rantzen could make more of it....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good thing you didn't use B&W.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely. Wonderful!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it would have gotten you an A in the photo class I took in college. We discovered early on that the instructor would praise highly any image with even the slightest hint of a phallic symbol. I wouldn't call yours "rude," but it is a bit suggestive.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think it's fantastic! Rude? Probably not, but certainly something to whisper about to your wife to see if she giggles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    Well, it would have gotten you an A in the photo class I took in college. We discovered early on that the instructor would praise highly any image with even the slightest hint of a phallic symbol. I wouldn't call yours "rude," but it is a bit suggestive.
    Sounds like my photo professor. We have an art art history professor who is even worse. Columns in paintings are phallic symbols to her.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Images
    Look at the person who made the comment and ask them to explain what they see because you see vegetables.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    What a bizarre mental image I just had of somebody playing the phallic cymbal in a rock band
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin