Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,621   Online: 1260

Thread: Rollei Ortho

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Rollei Ortho

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-10-27 at 12.21.47 PM.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	551.2 KB 
ID:	76089
    My VW 1965
    Shot with Rollei - was an experiment that went bad
    Developed in D23 and fixed in TF3 (As we don't have any other chemicals available here)

I would be happy to know what I can do with development to improve. I guess this film needs to be overexposed a few stops and then developed a bit longer to get some detail (but what will happen to whites then), as I believe this is a pure black and white film with no mid-tones.

Any help will be much appreciated. I like the resolution of the film a lot, and hence want to take a portrait of my wife...can't mess that one up

Cheers

Raffay

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffay View Post
    I would be happy to know what I can do with development to improve. I guess this film needs to be overexposed a few stops and then developed a bit longer to get some detail (but what will happen to whites then), as I believe this is a pure black and white film with no mid-tones.
    I'd suggest you read Barry Thornton's articles on personal film speed and personal development times - The results will depend very much on your final printing process. Developing for scanning will produce a different set of times to the ones needed for traditional enlarging/printing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    thank you, tried reading them online...too technical for online reading. Took a printout and try once more in the morning when I am more fresh.

Cheers

Raffay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It just looks seriously underexposed to me. You didn't mention if you shot it at box speed or what, nor how you metered---it looks as if it might have ended up well exposed for the sky, so maybe you just took your reading at a bad angle?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin