Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,968   Posts: 1,632,695   Online: 796

Shooter
    Medium Format

Why am I so attracted to it?

This is a contact print. The best I got after printing it 10 times trying to improve it and I know I can make it much better when I get more time and practice.
    This is the first print from Inford Obscura 4x5in I got this week. And my first large format contact print.

I don't know if it is just because I am just stating with large format negative (I have done with paper negative but not printing to positive, only scanning), or if this photography has something special. But I got very attracted to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hunger with fruits, 2014 by Marcio Faustino.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	99729

I accept suggestion and ideas to improve the print quality. So far it is just a test and trying, not the final print.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It is a contact print. Welcome to the world of Zen.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hahaha.
    I realise I will spend more in papers than in negatives. :P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got the same feeling when I first pritned 6x6 negatives. Stunned by the tonal gradation.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely what Clive and Sirius said!

You know that spot as you're going over a hill where you first start to speed up? You just hit that spot.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post

You know that spot as you're going over a hill where you first start to speed up? You just hit that spot.
    I remember when I first hit that spot on my skis. I thought "Whooooa!" Then after a few spills and considerable practice, and learning how to carve turns, now I hit that spot and it's "Yee-Haa!, Here I come... Weeeee!"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    I remember when I first hit that spot on my skis. I thought "Whooooa!" Then after a few spills and considerable practice, and learning how to carve turns, now I hit that spot and it's "Yee-Haa!, Here I come... Weeeee!"
    Practice makes perfect and I suppose a good analogy to this would be golf, when you are completely relaxed and you hit the ball dead on in the sweet spot and its trajectory is perfect to the green. Only complete relaxation can achieve this.
    Last edited by cliveh; 12-18-2014 at 03:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    And the detail.

Again try 4"x5" and you will be so financially screwed!
    I may spend on paper, film and chemicals but not anymore on gear. ;-)
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    I may spend on paper, film and chemicals but not anymore on gear. ;-)
    This is exactly what I wrote about in my blog a few days ago: A photographer who doesn't like collecting equipment

I don't care about gear far I have my box with a pinhole on it. This is what is going to save my life in my large format adventure.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin