Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,280   Online: 908

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pumpkin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KWhitmore View Post
    done and done! my speed graphic is ready and waiting...
    In that case, I'm sure we all look forward to seeing both your and Vaughn's results!

I've got a couple more pictures lined up - just need to clear some space on the dining room table
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well, I cheated and used film...

Negs are drying and look pretty good, but I might need to re-shoot. I got lazy and set up the still life in the classroom (right next to my office and the darkroom) instead of hauling everything across campus to the studio. I used a black backdrop, but too much light spilled onto it and it might reproduce as a dark gray. I will be able to keep the flowers farther from the backdrop in the studio. We'll see.

It will be a couple days before I can scan the neg to show what I got -- longer before I actually make a print from them. I did do it both as an 8x10 and a 4x10.

vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, in the relentless pursuit to bring you only the finest images via paper negative, I threw caution to the wind and at great expense I went out to purchase the next subject... a pineapple, cost me 90 pence I'll have you know

I loved the texture of it, so I bought it on the spot whilst shopping for my swede, carrots, cauliflower (which I was also going to photograph, but ate before I could manage that) and peppers.

So, here it is, for your delectation and delight, I present... "Pineapple".

And here's one of those crops from where the leaves start sprouting out the top...

Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    At long last, here are my artichoke images.

Tri-X
    Zone VI 8x10, Fuji W 300mm
    f90 at 1 or 2 minutes
    8x10 and 4x10 negatives
    Developed in Ilford PQ Universal Developer
    1:9, 70F, 9 minutes in a Jobo 3005 Expert Drum

Lit with one 750W Tota Light w/ umbrella, and large white foamcore reflector

Fairly straight negative scans -- pretty much as I would print them.

I meant the black background to actually be black, but too much light spilled onto it (flowers too close to the backdrop). However, I think it worked out better. Still might re-photograph one of these days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ArtichoakFlowersFull.jpg   ArtichokeFlower4x10.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin