Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,888   Online: 992

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenski View Post
    Yeah, I was shooting handheld at anywhere between 1/30th and 1/60th and between f/2.8 and f/5.6.

Charts pointed me to 7 min at 75 degrees so that is what I ran with.. Like I said, first time shooting, first time developing.. With film..
    Honestly, while I like Delta 3200 a lot and using it isn't rocket science, I'd try a more general use film for first experiences. Try Tri-X or HP5 at 400 in a standard developer. DD-X should be fine since you have it (I've never used it so can't really say much about it, but I do like T-Max and T-Max RS a lot and I believe they are similar.) The "noise" will be much improved, as will the tonality.

I'm a 99% dyed in the wool film devotee most of the time, but the one area where I admit film just can't really compare to digital is in handheld low light shooting. The sensitivity just isn't there. You can get usable results in pretty dim light, and a "film look" of grain and higher contrast, rich midtones and highlights with deep dark detail less shadows pretty easily and that can be appealing, but if it's "normal quality" you're really after in low light hand held, film isn't up to digital. It shines in other areas.

Shooter
    35mm
    Very tough with the low contrast on fur. But your results look awesome.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You did excellent! Keep it up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great none the less!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, im making a trip up to Cleveland tomorrow for the weekend and if I have room in the car after the kid, guns, fishing poles, and my digital bag, I might pack the RZ too for some night time city scape shots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin