Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,469   Online: 966

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    OO buck and slugs. Inside buildings I opt for #4 shot for max body damage and less wall penetration.
    Was gonna ask which choke you'd use, but if it's buck and slug, probably no choke.

I've got a double barrel stoeger. I can have two different choices loaded at the same time. Could be a timeless prop for wedding photos too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Was gonna ask which choke you'd use, but if it's buck and slug, probably no choke.

I've got a double barrel stoeger. I can have two different choices loaded at the same time. Could be a timeless prop for wedding photos too.
    Having received my formal education in New England, I should have known that my choice of verb would be exploited as a double entendre, particularly by APUG'rs in the lofty latitudes. :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya 6
    Horseman SW612
    Widelux F8

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Having received my formal education in New England, I should have known that my choice of verb would be exploited as a double entendre, particularly by APUG'rs in the lofty latitudes. :-)
    For turkeys, I use a .22rf and shoot their heads off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Benelli Montefeltro 12 with 28" barrel and crio chokes
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Browning a5's, I shoot trap 12g and skeet 20g.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My heart and my brain, hopefully...
    The more the camera and the lens is out of the way, the more likely that is of happening.
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 03-26-2012 at 09:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    For all those misreading this and using it as a forum for ballistics boasting, go for extreme wide angle and use a hand grenade, holding it firmly during use

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    For all those misreading this and using it as a forum for ballistics boasting, go for extreme wide angle and use a hand grenade, holding it firmly during use
    We're not misreading it, but trying to distinguish between taking photographs and shooting firearms. I happen to have cameras and guns, so in an attempt to prevent confusion, I say "shooting" when I'm using guns, and "photographing" when I'm using cameras. I also say "driving" when using an automobile.

Those who feel good about using imprecise language may continue to do so, however they have no cause to gripe when they are not understood. As Mark Twain wrote, "the difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between 'lightning' and 'lightningbug'".

Perhaps you should retain that grenade for personal use.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 03-26-2012 at 10:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    I usually have my 38 + P, J frame S&W tucked in my belt if the camera about my neck sets off some unsuspecting person on the street I capture with my camera. Never had to swap "formats" while out shooting.
    YET.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin