Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,524   Online: 976

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Busker --1970's Canon FTbn

I have lubricated my Canon FTbn bodies by taking off the base plate and just touching the cogs and pivots with oil on a piece of fuse-wire -- so took out one loaded with 2006 outdated Fuji Superia 100 and took this shot of a 'Busker' one -man -band with the 100mmf2.8 Canon SSC Breechlock lens at f4 to try to put the background more out of focus. The camera winds on very smoothly now -- first 'service' in 40 years !

Canon FTBn 03 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've retired my Ftbn, it still works but creaks a bit and needs a service, but I decided to replaced it with a new F1 body, and spent the CLA cost on that instead of the Feb.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm all toes when it comes to anything mechanical these days, so I paid a professional to do that. It was more money than I wanted to spend, but it beats having a bunch of dusty shelf queens.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I'm all toes when it comes to anything mechanical these days, so I paid a professional to do that. It was more money than I wanted to spend, but it beats having a bunch of dusty shelf queens.
    I have an agreement with the camera technician who services my photographic equipment, I don't try and service my gear, and he doesn't take photographs .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So how much would a CLA on an FTBn be? I'd like to get the meter calibrated for alkaline batteries, get the focus adjusted, and the frame spacing adjusted if possible. The spacing isn't perfect for my scanners negative carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    My flickr stream

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    Or, a bagful of bits you can't put beck together
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great photo and great camera. I have one.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbultman View Post
    So how much would a CLA on an FTBn be? I'd like to get the meter calibrated for alkaline batteries, get the focus adjusted, and the frame spacing adjusted if possible. The spacing isn't perfect for my scanners negative carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    A basic CLA typically runs about $65, depending on your technician. I think it cost me $150 to have one completely serviced, including upgrading the battery circuit.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Or, a bagful of bits you can't put beck together

I call that the 'unsorted parts bin'. Mine is rather full at the moment.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my camera shop we used to get lots of elderly men come in. with pathetic expressions on their faces carrying plastic shopping bags containing their dismantled cameras who wanted them fixing, but the repair company we used wouldn't touch any equipment that had been "tampered with by unskilled Labour, because it made it so difficult to repair because often several components had been lost and were missing".
    Last edited by benjiboy; 12-03-2013 at 02:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin