Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,510   Online: 1030

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

First Film I shot since around 2009-2010.

I know that they are nothing special, and using a inexpensive C-41 film. But this is the first film I have shot in about five years. In the Industrial areas of Wichita KS. It felt nice getting back to film.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 40300020.JPG   40300001.JPG   40300012.JPG   40300007.JPG   40300021.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome back to film! What camera did you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I used a Canon Elan 7N with a 28-105 lens with Fuji Superia 200 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    beautiful! even cheap c-41 film looks fantastic.
    I just got a 150 yen roll of fujifilm c-41. Wonder how that's going to turn out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuji_100iso.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	90801

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations! The shots look good. Superia is a much better film than the price tag would have you believe. I think it's the number one price/performance film. Colour reproduction in Superia 200 is a bit desaturated but it's accurate and therefore easy to increase saturation if you want.

Superia 200 is actually my preferred film for industrial shots.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    [QUOTE=ericdan;1670772]
    I just got a 150 yen roll of fujifilm c-41. Wonder how that's going to turn out./QUOTE]

Knowing modern C-41 films, most likely rather nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf-Photo View Post
    Congratulations! The shots look good. Superia is a much better film than the price tag would have you believe. I think it's the number one price/performance film. Colour reproduction in Superia 200 is a bit desaturated but it's accurate and therefore easy to increase saturation if you want.

Superia 200 is actually my preferred film for industrial shots.

I actually like Superia 200 as a workmanlike C-41 film, and the reason why I picked it up. I use it to test camera's and to keep in the camera when I am not planning to shoot anything in specific. In fact I plan to shoot at least a half of a roll over lunch just to get back in the habit. It can be obtained for a good price too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know how you feel - recently returned to film myself, and wondering why it took me so long. Love the industrial shots.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FujiLove View Post
    I know how you feel - recently returned to film myself, and wondering why it took me so long. Love the industrial shots.
    Thanks - I plan to return to the Industrial area this weekend with some more film in hand. I need to exercise, and I recently found that a 35mm on a mono-pole will get me walking to find a shot and getting some exercise in better then anything else, as I don't think of it as exercise. That and on this weekend I can go to the rail-yards and wait for trains to come by. Wichita has a very nice industrial area.

And yes, I have not had this much fun in some time. though with the cost of developing film I might start putting C-41 film though the B+W process.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can develop C41 at home for 1/10 of the cost of commercial development

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin