Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,694   Online: 1150

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given an attention span just a tad longer than that of a hamster on crystal meth, one could scroll half way down this very forum and find.... a long and involved discussion of street photography! Fancy that.
    Also, this is supposed to be creative and individual - what do YOU want to photograph?

Peter.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    I don't want MY photo taken when I'm out and about... Mike
    Why not?

Cheers,

Roger (www.rogerandfrances.com)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    a combo of a showy young girl and a gent which doesn't look like family.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    Most of my street photography is devoid of 2 legged critters. I figure that pointing a camera at someone,without their approval , is pretty rude.I don't want MY photo taken when I'm out and about and figure most folks feel the same way. If you do ask first then all you get is a badly posed "Year Book" type of shot.

Mike
    Thank you. I hate that some people think they have a right to photograph me (or anyone else) just because I was so unfortunate as to have to leave my home to get a gallon of milk or mail a bill. I like photographing things, but I do not like being photographed and the idea that there may be people out there photographing me without my permission or knowledge troubles me.

For the record, I don't shoot street photography. I just read a bit of everything for the learning.

Shooter
    35mm
    Trouble kids (underage) in their troubled moments with the law.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's nothing I don't shoot. I'm in automatic mode when street shooting. Editing what's OK or not OK comes later, when I'm looking at the contacts. If I have to stop and ponder in the street it's often too late to shoot the moment I was thinking about shooting. It's the nature of the genre.

As an aside, why do some of us take the time to write in a forum just to say this has already been talked about? Seems like a waste of time to me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by anyte
    Thank you. I hate that some people think they have a right to photograph me (or anyone else) just because I was so unfortunate as to have to leave my home to get a gallon of milk or mail a bill. I like photographing things, but I do not like being photographed and the idea that there may be people out there photographing me without my permission or knowledge troubles me..
    Again: why?

I am genuinely puzzled by this.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    There's nothing I don't shoot. I'm in automatic mode when street shooting. Editing what's OK or not OK comes later, when I'm looking at the contacts. If I have to stop and ponder in the street it's often too late to shoot the moment I was thinking about shooting. It's the nature of the genre.

As an aside, why do some of us take the time to write in a forum just to say this has already been talked about? Seems like a waste of time to me.

Because someone may not be aware of that fact, and may want to read through a much more extensive thread on that topic they may not be aware of. This generally happens to newer people, and they sit and wonder why this bunch of snobs don't chime in on their topics - all the while its because they already responded at length elsewhere on the same topic.
    But I guess you can just ignore people - that'll learn 'em!
    Of course, when the thread is almost exactly two lines down from the one you started... well, then I just do it to be a smart ass. Do you mind?

Peter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree, if your not with your wife or something, ppl WILL consider you a pedophile.
    Thats the answer to the post from andy k about photgraphing kids
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Shooting the homeless, sick ederly, and those enhanced with life struggling problems.

These topics should be photographed, with sensitivity to the subjects and also with an ability to show a possible solution to their problems.
    It is very easy to walk in any city or countryside worldwide and find the above topics and photograph.
    What you do with the images, what advococy you bring to the causes, that is important. Injustice, poverty is worldwide, the camera can expose this.
    How you as a photographer can tell the story and bring forth some solutions is important.
    I think Salgado was not the first to photograph the displaced people of this world, but he made sure their plight was recognized.
    A casual sampling of homelessness just does not cut it today, How do you as a photographer offer something to their situation, that is what is important.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin