Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,217   Online: 1233

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765
    I agree, if your not with your wife or something, ppl WILL consider you a pedophile.
    Not necessarily. Personally I have no interest in photographing kids not related to me. But the prevailing paranoia surrounding 'the stranger' near kids just doesn't make it worth bothering to photograph anywhere that there might be kids. Which is a shame because, apart from Mum and Dad's proud snaps of Junior, there will probably be a large hole in the photographic record for future generations where children are concerned. No photographs of school plays/concerts, no photographs of children's sports, no photographs of children just playing in the street and being children.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Because someone may not be aware of that fact, and may want to read through a much more extensive thread on that topic they may not be aware of. This generally happens to newer people, and they sit and wonder why this bunch of snobs don't chime in on their topics - all the while its because they already responded at length elsewhere on the same topic.
    But I guess you can just ignore people - that'll learn 'em!
    Of course, when the thread is almost exactly two lines down from the one you started... well, then I just do it to be a smart ass. Do you mind?

Peter.
    Yeah, I guess it's the smart-ass thing that bothers me. Especially when you intimate we have less of an attention span than a hamster on crystal meth. If you feel the need to point out another thread then do so, but leave the insults out.

I guess I'm feeling sensitive today.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Yeah, I guess it's the smart-ass thing that bothers me. Especially when you intimate we have less of an attention span than a hamster on crystal meth. If you feel the need to point out another thread then do so, but leave the insults out.

I guess I'm feeling sensitive today.
    Yes, i agree
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too avoid photographing people. Too many bad experiences, even one lately and I wasn't even shooting people. I prefer the wilderness, or streets well after dark when nobodys around.

Doug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nc5p
    I too avoid photographing people. Too many bad experiences, even one lately and I wasn't even shooting people. I prefer the wilderness, or streets well after dark when nobodys around.

Doug
    Im gennarly shy, but behind a camera, im not
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Street Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Street Photography: What dont you take photos of?

Kids. Just isn't worth the hassle.

Couldn't agree more. I have virtually given up street photography because of the increasing number of suspicious people about. I used to enjoy candid photography in the 70s but its just not worth the risk any more.

I do enjoy photographing street performers especially during the Edinburgh Festival. I always make the effort to go up to Edinburgh for a few days during festival time. Many performers ask the audience for one pound after a show. I usually slip five pounds in to show my appreciation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    ...I guess I'm feeling sensitive today.
    We all have those days. But I guess you were feeling a bit sensitive - the comment was not directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Markok765
    Yes, i agree
    Well, I was talking to you.

a) I don't think that comparing one's attnetion span to a rodent on drugs is all that insulting, especially since it was meant to be humorous.
    b) I know you're enthusiastic, and I don't care how many threads there are on the same topic - its just you would actually learn more, and get more answers to a serious question if you just took a breath before hitting the "submit" button and noticed that a big huge thread, with some really experienced folks contributing exists already.

Usually I don't bother with these kinds of posts. But I like Marko and his (sometimes overt) enthusiasm, so I thought I'd point this out to him. Most of the people who just posted a thoughtful response on a subject will probably ignore your question or simply don't have the time and effort to repeat themselves. Its no skin off my back - you will simply get more out of this place if you bother to look first. And this was an extreme example... the thread was literally three or four posts below this one!
    Marko - take a breath, think it over again, then post. I think you will find you will get better results that way.

Peter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you're bashful about shooting it, it isn't Street Photography

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is wrong shooting homeless, sick ederly, or people with life struggling problems. It is some logic behind modern image culture mixed with manipulations and misinformation just anywhere, above, on, and under the earth. Money matter. And what is powerty? Powerty is other side of beeing satisied with life... (I think we talk about Western world and its streets).

The problem can arise not from photographer but from one that use the photographs, for which purpose he use it and how.
    For all of that reasons I do not like to picture kids on street just because I do not want to melt their naïve and honesty with other “people”. I wish they never became part of todays world, but to build the world as they are while kids. Then I will photograph and smiling kids on streets.
    Last edited by Daniel_OB; 06-26-2006 at 12:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_OB
    What is wrong shooting homeless, sick ederly, or people with life struggling problems.
    Because unless it is done to aid the homeless and disenfranchised, or as a photojournalist to highlight their plight, it can be seen as exploitation.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin