Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,343   Online: 972

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The sidewalk is a part of the street.
    Last edited by jd callow; 12-02-2006 at 12:04 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: jdc to give the OP a chance to recover his thread
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to be bothered by overhead lines and such. I got over it. I'm not producing idealized, heroic, image-propoganda of how I'd like to depict the world around me for some fairy-tale. I photograph the world that exists.

Why are we discussing the semantics of what streets exist for.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post

Michael
    Because YOU took all the sexy topics!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post

Michael
    "I'm offering you my body and you're offering me semantics!"
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I used to be bothered by overhead lines and such. I got over it. I'm not producing idealized, heroic, image-propoganda of how I'd like to depict the world around me for some fairy-tale. I photograph the world that exists.
    Bravo!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    VIII) Rollerbladers: More likely seen using streets in warmer months. They NEVER use the sidewalks!
    I used to be one of them in the U.S. Well, if you are on some kind of wheels, whether you have two, four, six, eight, or whatever, you are not supposed to go on the sidewalks. Pretty simple. I believe in some areas it's clearly illegal. So, you either use a bike lane or a car lane. That was years ago, so I don't know how it is now.

By the way that's part of the reason why the skateboarders get busted by the police so much.

I remember some asshole driver pulled over and stopped me once and asked, " Will you just f--ckin' get off the road?" He seemed to believe the car lanes are just for the motorized wheels only, but that's not right. The funny thing was that there was a "Share the Road" sign on the side of the street within the same block.

But over here in Japan, the non-motorized wheelers still go on the sidewalks, and that's crazy!

Shooter
    35mm
    I've just accidentally quoted something from the post that got deleted. Is this still okay? Or does that mean my post will be deleted, too?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your post is fine and dandy... if a bit off topic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Good for you. You have clearly found a personal approach to photography, and stick with it.

Best Regards,

Bob

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin