Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,713   Posts: 1,514,712   Online: 844

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Aristotelis Grammatikakis nails it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Aristotelis Grammatikakis nails it.
    Jason Brunner, that is maybe the first time I see my whole name typed on this forum and I must say I am honored. I never liked being called "Ari" but I understand the difficulties of spelling 28 letters. Thank you.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favourites are my 35mm f2, and 50mm f1.4 for street, and if one of my subjects who is bigger and younger than I am tries to stick my camera "where the Sun don't shine" they won't be as painful as a telephoto.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just as an aside, Harry Callahan did a beautiful series of street photographs of women in close-up using a long lens - my point echoing that of Arigram's, that it's not the size of the lens that matters but the use of its characteristics in order to realize your ideas.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wasn't it Harry Callahan who used a Smith and Wesson .44 Magnum for his street shooting ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    200mm? hmm where is he hiding in the bushes somewhere? Guess Cartier Bresson, Frielander and Winogrand were wrong!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim elder View Post
    Just as an aside, Harry Callahan did a beautiful series of street photographs of women in close-up using a long lens - my point echoing that of Arigram's, that it's not the size of the lens that matters but the use of its characteristics in order to realize your ideas.

Tim
    hmm size does not matter but how you use that size...ok thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryyaum View Post
    hmm size does not matter but how you use that size...ok thanks
    I dunno...ask most women these days, most would rather be shot with a long lens then a short one.....
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've done some street stuff with my 180mm , I did it with pretty much every focal lenght along the range. 20,24,28,35,50,85,17-35,28-105 and 180mm, what's best, what's worst? Everything is fine if it works for you, street photo with a tele is rather interesting, it's more of a sniper aproach, gives you the confort of distance and invisibility, it's also nice for your subject matter, since you are not there in their face with a flash blasting at their eyes and a optic pointed at their face, it's just another way to do the job, it works, believe me.

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Wasn't it Harry Callahan who used a Smith and Wesson .44 Magnum for his street shooting ?
    Yup - a S&W Model 29 with an 8 1/2" barrel. There was a movie where ole "Dirty Harry" used an 11 3/4" barrel, but was a chromed version and seemed rather ungainly - despite obvious gains in velocity and resultant boosts in kinetic energy. However, i digress...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin