Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,487   Online: 1066

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    Hmm, go shooting with a friend?
    Don't have any friend that has even a minimum interesting in photography.
    There's though a classmate of mine that was curious about old cameras, though. But I won't see him in a while...
    Seems like the situation is going better. There are days where I Don't care about anything and there are days that I've got that paranoia. :rolleyes:
    Next monday, I'll return to the city.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    where are you located in Catalonia?
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeb82 View Post
    where are you located in Catalonia?
    Tarragona region.
    From time to time I go to Barcelona, though I rarely carry the camera, It's close enough if I need to do any work. I go early and I don't like to have it all day hanging around, usually being a bit tired, with the economical situation nowadays, I think that any robber might think the camera is valuable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suggest you get a small 35mm camera that is not heavy, that way you can take pictures as you go during the day. And regarding the robbers, don't you think they are more interested in the nice and expensive new digital cameras? If someone would try to rob my camera I would try to explain the robber that he will have a hard time selling a film camera today, unless he's got a blade in his hands of course!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeb82 View Post
    I suggest you get a small 35mm camera that is not heavy, that way you can take pictures as you go during the day. And regarding the robbers, don't you think they are more interested in the nice and expensive new digital cameras? If someone would try to rob my camera I would try to explain the robber that he will have a hard time selling a film camera today, unless he's got a blade in his hands of course!
    But if he had a gun, you would argue?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I got an OM-1 which is already light. Robbers may not care about anything. Heck, a mate got assaulted and the guy said he had a knife just for his worthless 2 year old cellphone. I never go alone, but no one ever knows.

I forgot, I love fall/autumn and winter. Because I have wear jackets, and it's easy to wear the camera on the neck, zip it under the jacket; it keeps it warm (no condensation problems) and hidden. I just forgot it because having this hot weather now, thinking about jackets is the last thing to do.
    The OM1 body is just as thin as a minolta P&S my mother used, it the lens would be smaller, it would be impossible to anyone to see I wear a camera under the jacket.
    And by the way. Stuff looks better on that seasons. Summer becomes boring. Blue plain sky, thank god today and two days ago

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    But if he had a gun, you would argue?

Steve
    robbers in Spain can't get guns as easily as in the states, they all go for the gypsy kind of knife, it is cheaper and no need to buy bullets. If he's got a gun I will give him my underwear if he asks for it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just go shoot. Your personality will determine your shots. That is not a bad thing. When you see your shots and do not like them, it may, in fact change your personality. Whatever happens, it will be natural, and you will produce pictures that reflect who you are.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a tip for you Prest_400, you are in Tarragona area, I know there are Roman ruins in Tarragona where tourist go. Go there and you will look exactly like another tourist with a camera. Instead of taking pictures of the ruins take pictures of the people walking around the ruins. It is a slightly different version of street photography but can be a starting point.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Prest, your mind (your fears) is making the matter worst than what it is.

I am ready to bet with you 1 kg of "Hamon Serrano" that you will conquer your hung ups sooner than you think , and that fear will transform with enthusiasm and your images will get better and better.
    It's all about starting, and not minding any thought that is trying to stop you.
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin