Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,437   Online: 1158

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lee friedlander

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was really shocked and surprised to be in the National Portrait Gallery (IIRC; we hit a few DC museums that day) around 2 years ago and come across some of his American flag photos (being overlooked by all passers-by). Very rarely have the chance to see his work in the original--totally made my month.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    def. one of the greatest photographers to live in my opinion. the mr. lee video just makes it ten times better. lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Super Duper Fan!!!!! A classic artist.
    Super Duper Duper Fan!

Images
    I too love his work. I have his book "Like a One Eyed Cat". Still look through it once in a while and still find new and interesting things.
    JOHN

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Friedlander is one of the greats. As a birthday present a few years back, my wife took me to an exhibit of his in Cleveland. He did so much more than great street photography.

As an aside, his son Erik is an excellent cellist and composer. He's done a few solo cello albums -- very avant garde, yet very listenable and enjoyable.

CuS

Shooter
    35mm

Love that guy (and cheeze whiz)

i saw a collection of his work in the national portrait gallery in dc.

awesome stuff

Shooter
    35mm
    L Freidlander was one of my hero's whilst studying phototgraphy at uni some years ago, a really inspiring photographer, just seen his latest book "America by Car', I didnt even know he was still shooting books!

Edd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Friedlander has been a great inspiration indeed. The "Friedlander" book published by MOMA is a favourite in my library. I don't like his portraits though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my top one photographers. Hilarious shit. Winogrand, eat your heart out at the feet of the true master of street photographs, so sez I (even though I love ya too, Garry, may ya R.I.P.). I don't know anything about Mr. Friedlander except that he is still alive, nor do I really care. I just love looking at his pictures more than anyone else's.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 08-13-2010 at 11:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin