Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,294   Online: 1167

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been using a Sekonic L-508 for my street shooting for the past five years. I use the incident reading and usually set my exposure at half the box speed. I like the results I get. If you do your own developing and printing, this is the way to go imho.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotopom View Post
    Polaris SPD100 Digital Exposure Meter looks interesting! How big is it, will it comfortably fit in the pocket of my pants I wonder...? (innocent question for those with a dirty mind
    I dont have it in my hand right now, so I wont give you dimensions, but it fits in a pocket very well. At least, it fits in my pockets. I do tend to wear loose fitting shorts and pants with decent sized pockets (big enough for my hands to move around freely).

Mine came with a neckband, as well. Actually, the neckband is a bit of a hassle becuase the meter hangs all the way down to my waist. I find that rather annoying, so I keep it in my pocket.

Just be careful when it's in your pocket. It has one of those white domes for incident readings. I've never done it, but I guess it could be easy to bump in to something and crack or break it. That could be a problem with any incident meter, though. I've never heard of that happening to anyone, but I'm good at doing stupid shit like that, so I'll end up doing that one day probably
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    I've been using a Sekonic L-508 for my street shooting for the past five years. I use the incident reading and usually set my exposure at half the box speed. I like the results I get. If you do your own developing and printing, this is the way to go imho.

I believe that's the meter we used where I used to go to school. Hard to go wrong with a Sekonic of any model
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin