Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,060   Online: 1125

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not a big fan of the angle of view of a 50mm lens on 35mm format. However, in most of the systems I have, the 50mm lens is the sharpest and fastest. So, if I need a fast lens or the best resolution, I'll use the 50mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find that with a 50mm, I have to back up - and then people wander into the space between me and my subject like a herd of lobotomized house cats.

With my 28mm, I can get close to my intended subject(s) without leaving room for stragglers to wander into my frame.

Sometimes a 50mm does work well as a short telephoto lens for street work, though.
    "My idea of a good life is that I wake up in the morning, go out and look around and make four rolls of film a day." - Josef Koudelka

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." - Ernst Haas

"Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment." – Elliott Erwitt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    -I use normal lens 90%, short telephoto for the 8% and maybe 2% wide no more than 35mm in my 35mm camera and equivalent in medium format of my pictures, i like abstract approach because this put the spectator to use their fantasy, imagine the rest of the scene, i don't like the ''obvious'' approach (..put all) of wide angle, this is good for commercial work but i think no good for art.
    -This passion with wide angle (..put all)start from the professional, commercial, photographer, (like national geographic) shotting travel photography and of course that is good for that type of photography because they wand to show ''all'', but i think this is no art because art need to put the spectator to think, the art no need to be ''obvious''..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sorry not to mentioned but that is my approach, i don't mean photographing with wide angle is wrong, only its not good to have all the same thinking, its good to have our personality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to carry my 50mm (in 35mm terms) when I am on the street, but generally speaking 28mm is my favorite focal length for street shooting. 50mm can give you a great perspective on a particular subject, but isn't wide enough to give you any context (unless you are shooting from afar).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin