Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,213   Online: 866

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I think the best example is this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHtsZLsMlJI. Watch the guy with a M9 saying some joke and a thanks and everyone laughs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm amazed how many people when I shoot street pretend they haven't seen me when I know they have.
    , and I suggest with regard to "pissing people off" that you use the smallest camera you can get with the smoothest contours like an Olympus XA so if they take offence and stick it "where the Sun don't shine" it won't be as painful
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I'm amazed how many people when I shoot street pretend they haven't seen me when I know they have.
    , and I suggest with regard to "pissing people off" that you use the smallest camera you can get with the smoothest contours like an Olympus XA so if they take offence and stick it "where the Sun don't shine" it won't be as painful
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm going to find a rangefinder, grip and cam for my Linhof so I can use it in street shooting. I tend to reverse the intention and do the shoving when someone tries something like that.

Seriously, what little of this I do I REALLY like my Yashica TLR. Some don't recognize it as a camera, those who do mostly think it's a very cool thing, and with the WLF I can often photograph people who have no clue I'm doing it. Those that do don't seem to care.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I'm going to find a rangefinder, grip and cam for my Linhof so I can use it in street shooting. I tend to reverse the intention and do the shoving when someone tries something like that.

Seriously, what little of this I do I REALLY like my Yashica TLR. Some don't recognize it as a camera, those who do mostly think it's a very cool thing, and with the WLF I can often photograph people who have no clue I'm doing it. Those that do don't seem to care.
    I like TLRs too Roger because they're quiet and none threatening because you're looking down into the viewfinder and not directly at people you can also point the camera sideways in the opposite direction to the way you are faced and shoot, or even at arms length above your head.
    Ben

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by freax View Post
    I think the best example is this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHtsZLsMlJI. Watch the guy with a M9 saying some joke and a thanks and everyone laughs.
    I'm thinking everyone is laughing in this video because he has a video camera stuck behind the RF viewfinder of the Leica, piggy-back style, as if the video camera is humping the Leica.

It is funny, though. Thanks for sharing.

~Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am doing a project where I photograph people in the subway. I love to record their expressions and faces. The camera is a Nikon F3 from which I remove the prism, so that it becomes a waist viewfinder camera. People often do not notice me, even though I sit right across the aisle.

Lately, though, I have found those photos more interesting where I am noticed and people accept that I photograph them.

Have a look at my results, if you like

http://erikpetersson.livejournal.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While not my primary photographic interest - that would be either landscape, fine art or industrial work - I do shoot a small amount of "street photography." I have yet to find a non-compliant or aggressive subject. My modus operandi? 1). I dress to blend in: blue jeans or khaki chinos with neutral colors; 2). I keep the equipment simple: an M6 with either a 35mm or 50mm lens - never anything longer; 3). If my "subject" engages in conversation, I always explain WHY I photographed her/him/them (i.e. what I found visually interesting, etc). This I do AFTER I have made my photograph(s) - I do not like posed pictures; and 4). I ALWAYS thank the party or parties involved, either with a nod of the head, a smile or a simple "thank you."
    The keys, in my view: 1) Comportment; and 2) My M6s (most see these as toys and do not find them "aggressive" in the same way as SLRs and DSLRs seem to be).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    I am doing a project where I photograph people in the subway. I love to record their expressions and faces. The camera is a Nikon F3 from which I remove the prism, so that it becomes a waist viewfinder camera. People often do not notice me, even though I sit right across the aisle.

Lately, though, I have found those photos more interesting where I am noticed and people accept that I photograph them.

Have a look at my results, if you like

http://erikpetersson.livejournal.com/
    Dang, those are quite good! That's some good work, my friend. I didn't even realize you could do that to a Nikon. Great idea!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks! The prism is just removed briefly, otherwise stuff would fall out of the camera. The image in the viewfinder is inverted, but you quickly get used to that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin