Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,729   Online: 916

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Great photos Erik! I used to have an F3 and remove the prism just like you to take incognito photos when I was in bars with friends.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Avoid people with guns, knives and gang tattoos. A smile and thumbs up after the shot. The most material is usually in an area of a lot of activity and most people are busy with their own stuff. I don't do too much street photography but have done enough to be comfortable with it. Medium format both waist level and eye level; 50mm and longer lenses.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, Perkeleellinen!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Im not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but here is another example of a very confrontational photographer, Bruce Gilden. He's a Magnum photographer as well, and as he says it, "I have no ethics". LOL interesting watch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    I am doing a project where I photograph people in the subway. I love to record their expressions and faces. The camera is a Nikon F3 from which I remove the prism, so that it becomes a waist viewfinder camera. People often do not notice me, even though I sit right across the aisle.

Lately, though, I have found those photos more interesting where I am noticed and people accept that I photograph them.

Have a look at my results, if you like

http://erikpetersson.livejournal.com/
    Yours is a fabulous project with some lovely results, the F3 is ideal as a waist level camera, do you leave the top open, or have some mask or shade around the focus screen?
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Bateleur,
    I just remove the prism and hold it my right hand. I think it might look like I am fixing something. The wagons are usually dark enough to let me view the image without shade. I know the distance, so no need to focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a great idea Erik, and your results show it's effectiveness
    Regards
    Charles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Get a twin lens reflex camera which most people today don't recognize. It can be used facing to the side.
    Another choice is a Robot which is a 35 mm camera with a viewfinder built into one end so it can be aimed 90 deg. from where you are facing.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I liked all the shots.

They are one of the best examples I've seen in a while of what I have seen referred to as the "naval eye view of the world".

They bring home to me how important "viewpoint" can be to photography.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, many of the photos were made at navel level. I think i might upload these pictures to APUG.

I posted them because I wanted to show that you sometimes are not noticed although you sit only a couple of meters from the one you photograph. Strange, but true. Bruce Gilden says something similar in the video above.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin