Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,402   Online: 709

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon also makes a waist level viewfinder for the F3, as well as a 6x eyepiece which could be a help to you too. but they are always over priced online. Ive done train photography before as well, and the noise of it really helps with the shutter click for shots as close as these are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    I just remove the prism and hold it my right hand.
    So you play around with the camera with your left hand and "accidentally" hit the trigger?

What lens (focal length) are you using?

Nice pictures!

chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swchris View Post
    So you play around with the camera with your left hand and "accidentally" hit the trigger?

What lens (focal length) are you using?

Nice pictures!

chris
    Yes, kind of, but more often with one of the fingers on my right hand. I use the 50mm series E, f1.8. It is the smallest lens I have, easy to carry around. Occasionally Nikkor 50mm f.1.4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find with an eye level camera a useful technique to learn while shooting "street" is standing sideways to your subject so you are pointed in the opposite direction to them, and holding the camera to your ear,to fire the shutter not your eye, the failure rate at first is quite high, but they think you are listening to the shutter firing and never suspect they are being photographed.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I find with an eye level camera a useful technique to learn while shooting "street" is standing sideways to your subject so you are pointed in the opposite direction to them, and holding the camera to your ear,to fire the shutter not your eye, the failure rate at first is quite high, but they think you are listening to the shutter firing and never suspect they are being photographed.
    Can you see what you photograph?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you see what you photograph?
    At the actual time you take picture no, but but with practice the ratio of successful exposures improves .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I usually just zone focus distances, and shoot from where it hangs on my neck. after awhile you learn the approximate boundaries of your lens, and can level the camera. by tugging down on the neck strap for resistance, and holding it to chest, and holding breath, you can get very slow speed shots easily. very easy, very good results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, many of the photos were made at navel level. I think i might upload these pictures to APUG.

I posted them because I wanted to show that you sometimes are not noticed although you sit only a couple of meters from the one you photograph. Strange, but true. Bruce Gilden says something similar in the video above.
    http://pics.livejournal.com/erikpetersson/pic/0006yc10/

That is a great image. Excellent results!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks a lot dfoo!
    A opened a separate thread in which I ask for critique of my photos. I will be grateful for any suggestions and opinions.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum288/...portraits.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whenever I go out and shoot on the street, I just go around, usually use a 50 or 105 lens, and yeah, sometimes people are open to it, and sometimes they aren't It doesn't bother me, I have yet to get hit or yelled at, just glares. Which often adds to the photo.

Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin