Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,674   Online: 897

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    maybe you should think about how YOU would feel if you were photographed
    on the street without your permission ?

i know I don't like it ...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    And a hilarious tip I heard about.....Wear a reflective vest. People will think your a surveyor, and take no intrest in you. This guy did it all the time.
    ....took the red pill, and just buckled up....

Chris

flickr&blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the Bruce Gilden videos can teach us anything, it is that you can get away with a lot, don't use a long lens, be quick on the draw (deliberate) and have a fast wit paired with a faster mouth. I will say that I don't think I'd be comfortable doing what he does, but his technique yields great results.

I think the single most important thing though is being quick with your shooting. You should be able to put the camera to your eye, take the picture and lower it within 2-3 seconds. Any longer and you're pushing your luck or you've probably already missed the shot. Oh, and you've gotta smile!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    If people ever confront me about my camera, I just say "it's some old thing that I found in my dad's closet, and I'm not even sure if it works or I'm using it right". Which is technically true so I don't feel bad about lying. It really takes any edge of seriousness off the mood.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismoret View Post
    And a hilarious tip I heard about.....Wear a reflective vest. People will think your a surveyor, and take no intrest in you. This guy did it all the time.
    It actually works, I have 2 reflective jacket for my old job. One of the thing i had to do is go take photos and check out the condition of the foreclosed houses, and that including the ones in the hood. If you don't want the drug dealer next door come out and shoot ya thinking you're taking photos of him, wear a big yellow jacket.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    maybe you should think about how YOU would feel if you were photographed
    on the street without your permission ?

Yeah I know i don't either.
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Maybe a homeless person would object to you taking pictures because you refer to homeless people as "bums."
    Bum can also be homeless, but they don't have to be. lol

Actually, for the ones that come after you for change, i thought about offer them change for a shot. But, I am so broke that I can't even afford to do that. Wait, maybe I am a bum, with a camera. Haha.
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yeah I know i don't either.

I have nothing against that someone take a photo of me on street - if it makes him/her happy and/or he/she think it will be a good photo - good
    I am only one ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    @jnanian - I agree, but that just goes back to the issue of "intent". I don't ask permission to do street photography (not generally, anyway) but I also am not pulling a fast one, or intending to disrespect anyone. I think this intent colours my work, as it would anyone.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    @jnanian - I agree, but that just goes back to the issue of "intent". I don't ask permission to do street photography (not generally, anyway) but I also am not pulling a fast one, or intending to disrespect anyone. I think this intent colours my work, as it would anyone.
    In kinder, gentler Canada, people might actually pause to listen to your "intent" statement. This seems to work even in Toronto but elsewhere?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin