Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,434   Online: 975

Shooter
    35mm

Broken Hearted ...shattered into a million pixels

Have you seen the wiki entry for street photography (insert lying on floor having tanty emoticon here)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_photography

"Political conventions" ...
    "Street photography uses the techniques of straight photography" ...are you 12 years old?.
    ...and elsewhere to a somewhat lesser extent."

This is like being in love with the sweetness of Julie Andrews only to be told she has a tongue like a trucker ...Oh wait ...she does.

...am off to have a little cry now.

I love street but was never much for Julie, Im more a veronica from the 'Archie comics' fella.

Am seeking advice, never been involved in wiki..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes Wikipedia makes us wiser, by imparting knowledge. Sometimes in the poistive manner of what to do. In this case in the negative manner of 'that is not how I would have documented that subject'.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    There's some very useful stuff in Wiki, sometimes contributed by knowledgable writers, but it's often only as a starting point to research something further from more authorative sources.

Remember that anyone can contribute to Wiki, whether or not they have any relevent qualifications or experience in the particular subject. Usually, the bad stuff is corrected fairly quickly, but, as anywhere, sometimes a lack of substance can hide behind flowerly and convoluted language. And, as Wiki themselves say on that particular entry, it's open for correction and expansion.

Shooter
    35mm
    It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either. If anyone is particularly concerned they can sign up and start editing poorly worded articles. If you do decide to do this I'd urge diplomacy and a tough skin as you'll inevitably come across guys (I think they're always men) who know 'better' than you.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    If you do decide to do this I'd urge diplomacy and a tough skin as you'll inevitably come across guys (I think they're always men) who know 'better' than you.
    Maybe I'll get my mum to write it ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Information gained from reading Wikipedia is usually worth about what you pay for it.
    "My idea of a good life is that I wake up in the morning, go out and look around and make four rolls of film a day." - Josef Koudelka

"There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." - Ernst Haas

"Nothing happens when you sit at home. I always make it a point to carry a camera with me at all times…I just shoot at what interests me at that moment." – Elliott Erwitt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you look at the discussion section
    you can see why it is written as it is
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Street_photography

and other "stuff"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:St...aphy/Archive_1

it could have been worse

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin