Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,654   Online: 788

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Was asked to DELETE a photo today!

From Madison Square Park today, taking a picture of the Flatiron Building, when a woman comes up to me out of nowwhere and tells me that she didn't want her photo taken, and can I please delete it?

Imagine her surprise when I told her that: 1) I wasn't deleting anything; 2) she wasn't what I was photographing; and 3) that I was using a film camera, and even if I wasn't I wouldn't have deleted it anyway.

She was pissed, and started arguing with me. I told her that if she wants privacy, she should stay home.

Made my freakin' day. Viva analog photography!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Awesome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    High five to you man!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or you could have simply said you we're hired by her husband's lawyer and your contract does not permit you to delete photos.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Somebody argued with you in NYC? That's hard to believe.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since I like to avoid confrontation if at all possible, I'd tap at the back of the camera a couple times and say "all right, deleted."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should have got her address and sent her a print.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a general rule of thumb not to argue with crazy people. I would have said ok, pressed a button (any button) on my camera, made beep boop bop noises, and said, "Done!".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Did you get permission from the manager of the Flatiron Building? Here in Toronto you can not photograph the one here for any reason without getting permission as it is used in so many movies. Not even for private, nonommercial purposes. I was in the grill one day when someone was taking photos and the manager walked out and politely asked the person to delete the files or turn over the film and he;d process it an send the photos taken that were not of the building plus pay for a replacement roll. The person told the manager to buzz off and within a few minutes an officer approached and suggested the person take the offer or accompany him to the local station. The person handed over the roll and his address and received what looked like a $10 bill. I asked the manager about the incident and he told me the building was copyrighted as an image and taking a photo of it without permission was an criminal offence. I then asked it they would give permission and his response was if for noncommerical use, no problem but othewise there was a fee for a shooting permit. Up here many places seem to have similar requirements including public parks. I was once approached while shooting downtown by a security guard of a building exterior I was photographing. He said that he was to make inquiries of a person if a tripod was used or what appeared to be a professional camera. He was not totally convinced I was not a professional as I had the Meastro tripod (yes, it was my field tripod and has been for some 20 years) as well as my Bronica system and the Polaroid Pack camera, think it was the 180. However, he just said okay when I handed him my business card showing I was a senior employee of a big 4 accounting firm but suggested I lose the tripod in the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This may sound strange coming from a photographer but I prefer not having a photograph taken myself either especially if I don't know what it is going to be used for.

IF I was using digital camera, I'd gladly delete it. Obviously, I can't do that if I'm using a film camera.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin