Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,172   Online: 884

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Series is a real treat - will keep coming back to these. Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But to me the story is not the metro system, it is the faces, the people. this will of course be a bit static.

more pictures? They're all here: erikpetersson.livejournal.com
    /Erik
    I understand. And I'm glad you've survived this exercise, Erik. One or two of those blokes look as if they'd love to punch you out of your shoes! There's always a bit of that with street genre - that's what gives it the sharp edge for me.

Looking at the rest of the photos, it struck me that no-one looks very happy. (After the recent elections they have even less reason, it seems). It made me feel like whipping out my mandolin and giving them all a jig to cheer them up.

Will you be putting captions to the prints?
    Les

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lesm View Post
    I understand. And I'm glad you've survived this exercise, Erik. One or two of those blokes look as if they'd love to punch you out of your shoes! There's always a bit of that with street genre - that's what gives it the sharp edge for me.

Looking at the rest of the photos, it struck me that no-one looks very happy. (After the recent elections they have even less reason, it seems). It made me feel like whipping out my mandolin and giving them all a jig to cheer them up.

Will you be putting captions to the prints?
    Les
    I felt safe most of the time. It is often easy to walk away in the crowd. I was confronted only once, so no sweat.

I'd love to have you along next time and do bring your mandolin! Evenings in the Moscow metro are not likely to be full of smiles and cheers. People are tired or exhausted from work and have to endure noise and bad air in order to get home. Then next day - more work.

And the elections - people are angry because they are lied to and robbed from by the "power". (The impersonal and abstract word "vlast" is hard to translate.) They know it, the politicians know it, and still the charade goes on. A reasonable strategy for many is to think about it like the weather. Sometimes it is cold, tough luck! But that should not stop you from being happy with your family and friends. Recently many such apolitical people finally lost their temper.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I live on the Northern Plains of South Dakota, which has real cowboys & Indians. Sometimes I go to Chicago and ride the subways and elevated trains there. For me, this is exotic. I love to take photos of trains, so this fits right in for me. I sometimes use older cameras such as Voigtlander Bessa and Ilford ISO 3200 film. I am loving the look I get! I also like the waist level finder (brilliant finder) on the Bessa as I don't appear to be pointing a camera at anyone, and it's more steady. You might also like to read about a guy doing this in New York City:
    http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog...y-photographs/

Hopefully things will work out for the people of Moscow and they get their freedom back. I see Putin as the Prince of Darkness.

Kent in SD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin