Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,820   Posts: 1,581,648   Online: 868

Shooter
    Pinhole

Photographic Cubism

Interesting contest over on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/isl...45496162146925

Can you create a cubist image with your camera. To make it tougher, do it in one shot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would imagine this could be done with multiple exposures, masking parts of the lens, prism filters, and mirrors.

On a side note, I got to see the linked facebook picture of Picasso's cubist Vollard at the Met awhile ago during a show dedicated to Vollard and the various works he collected/dealt. Pretty cool in person.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I agree that multiple exposures could work. There is nothing like the real thing and seeing a real Picasso would be a treat!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here is my effort - done in camera, with a double exposure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharon.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	71319

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    here is one i did a few months ago
    i colorized a self coated paper negative
    shot with a falling plate camera ( cyclone #3 )

http://www.apug.org/forums/blogs/jna...pulations.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Glass Door Abstract, Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F

I use our glass front door for some interesting 'test shots' when I get a new camera -- the light comes through better around 4 pm -- here is my latest photo taken on my 'gift' ASAHI PENTAX SPOTMATIC F using my own 1970's 50mm f4 SMC Macro-Takumar and some 2005 outdated Kodak Ultra 400 film I rated at 250 ASA -- the colours are my wife's Geranium flowers !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPF Test 02.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	74482
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Weegee got Picasso himself to sit for a portrait using special-effects lenses of his own design:

http://www.imamuseum.org/collections...tortion-weegee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to know a guy in a camera club I was in who worked in a glass factory who took amazing colour cubist images of large lumps of glass clinker he got from the bottom of the furnaces he photographed them in polarized light produced buy putting polarized gels over a couple of photographic lamps and shining the lights through the glass.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin