Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,669   Online: 814

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Larry Burrows-Mutter Ridge

Not being a big fan of colour photography,it comes as a surprise to me that I keep returning to Burrows Mutter Ridge photo-you know the one,black marine with a white blood stained bandage moving toward another marine,white,possibly dead/dying,torn pants,left hand clutching a narrow tree trunk.I'm mesmerized by this photo and have been for many,many years.Well the question is this-how do I go about getting a good copy of the original and or a reprint faithful to the original.Are there any members who've bought somewhwere on the web,that they can recommend,thanks as always for any suggestions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sorry I can't point you at a good place to get the copy you're interested in, Alan, but I do want to recommend the book "Lost Over Laos" by Horst Faas and Richard Pyle, if you're interested on Burrows and war photography in Vietnam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hadn't heard of it and I'll certainly look out for it,thanks.

DCV

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hello there! It's quite a famous photo and you might get a copy of it here: http://www.art.com/gallery/id--a8139...ns-posters.htm

Good luck!

Dennis Vandal

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin