Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1049

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangefinder

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rangefinder

I swear I make different images with my rangefinder 35mm cameras than I do with SLR's or larger format. Here is why I am not a wedding photographer. This is NOT a pretty picture.

Does this make you ask "What is going on here?" If so that is great - If not - I guess I blew the moment. Just wanted some other's thoughts.

Background - being informed there are NO flowers and NO best man.

Leica M6 50 Summicron - Kodak TMZ @ 1600 f4 @ 1/15

RB

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think it's an interesting picture. What was going on?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Also, I love TMZ.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This was the moment the bride and bridesmaids were informed that there were no wedding flowers and there was no best man - about 20mins before the wedding was supposed to start. I love how the expressions range from shock to nausea - love the brides hands.

RB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Also, I love TMZ.
    Me to - just wish it was not so freaking expensive. 90% of what I shoot in the M6 is TMZ or TX

RB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best man ran away with the flowers????

Aren't they supposed to run away with a bridesmaid instead?

Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This a great picture, very emotional moment!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    This a great picture, very emotional moment!

Jeff
    Thanks - I like it as well - it is almost surreal without effect.

RB

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rwboyer View Post
    This was the moment the bride and bridesmaids were informed that there were no wedding flowers and there was no best man - about 20mins before the wedding was supposed to start. I love how the expressions range from shock to nausea - love the brides hands.

RB
    Makes sense. The bride is clearly upset, while the girl in the middle has that look of, "I don't understand the words coming out of your mouth."

TX and TMZ are a good pair. Pretty much what I shoot in my RF too. TMZ is expensive, but I've decided I'm going to shoot as much of it as I can, costs be damned.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It could have been worse. At my brother's wedding, we had a groom, bride, flowers, best man (me), organist, etc. When the time came for the ceremony, the only thing missing was the minister. He went to the wrong church. He did show up about 45 minutes late., which really messed up the reception, as well as the bride's nerves. Unfortunately, while I had the ring, I didn't have a camera to record the going ons.

Great shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin