Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,628   Online: 691

Shooter
    Multi Format

Film Based Docs- business advice needed

I have a few film based doc's planned for 2011.
    100% film, b&w silver gel prints.

Some are short term maybe 3 to 5 rolls- tri-x, the others will be longer term projects, 10 to 20 rolls of film.

Looking for advice on how to market and sell the end product.
    Probably going the self publishing route- with a book or magcloud- magazine.

Need advice on how to price/where to sell /how to market the 11x14's.

I also posted in a film based thread on this-

These projects are strickly documentary - to avoid any journalistic conflict of interest- I do not want to recieve any funding from the non profit organizations I will be photographing.

Thanks DJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just wanted to share a site that has helped me figure out some issues with my projects.
    www.smogranch.com
    I have learned quite a bit- about the biz end of this-
    I am one of the fortunate ones - my creative skills are old school-it is the transitioning from staffer to freelance that so many of us are trying to figure out as we try to make a living in the new media.
    So many options to get our work published today- but turning it into a viable business plan is the rough part.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin