Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,004   Online: 1025

Shooter
    35mm

A very interesting documentary website.

I did a quick search of the person's name in the APUG files, and came up with a blank, so I don't think I'm repeating something already discussed. OTOH, if I'm making a mistake I suppose one of the mods will intervene.

Some time ago I came across a website which really takes documentary photography to a whole different place. It is www.elenafilatova.com. She lives in Ukraine, and she's been able to get into the Zone of Exclusion around Chornobyl. If you're interested, take a look.

With best regards,

Stephen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, very interesting photography. This kind of raises a further point......Why is it these days we only see serious documentary photography in gallery exhibitions or "coffee table" type books?
    These pictures belong in our newspapers and news magazines, but it seems these institutions prefer to highlight the daily excesses of the "celebrity set". Reality, it seems, is too much for their readers to stomach.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin