Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,448   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Ted, where are you getting the prices for your A12 backs from Harvey Nichols , look at Ffords you can get an Ex ++ one for £99 and a Ex+ one for £79 with their six months warranty. http://www.ffordes.co.uk/category/Me...Film_Magazines
    lol....oh yeah!! I was looking at eBay...I always forget about ffordes. Excellent...I will remember that for when I get round to buying some extra backs.

These replies are al very interesting. As for my photographer when I got married - no, it was all MF. I actually got the negatives recently because the franchise he worked for went bust. I now have 250 MF negs of Kodak Portra 160 or similar, I think it is. So there was no 35mm going on with him. As someone said above, maybe he had backs that loaded more film into them.
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I worked weddings for 28 yrs w/2 bodies and 3 A12 backs. There is almost always time to reload and if not everybody understands when you have to stop to do so. The trick is to reload a back whenever the time allows, don't wait for all the backs to be reloaded at once if you can.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    lol....oh yeah!! I was looking at eBay...I always forget about ffordes. Excellent...I will remember that for when I get round to buying some extra backs.

These replies are al very interesting. As for my photographer when I got married - no, it was all MF. I actually got the negatives recently because the franchise he worked for went bust. I now have 250 MF negs of Kodak Portra 160 or similar, I think it is. So there was no 35mm going on with him. As someone said above, maybe he had backs that loaded more film into them.
    Many e bay sellers are just after a fast buck, you're much better buying from a reputable retailer who give a warranty and I recommend Ffords I've bought several items from them recently, and they have all been excellent.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most of my weddings were shot with a single C330. I carried 35mm equipment for emergency backup, but never had to use it.

I used to mix 220 and 120.

Every once in a while I'd have to waste a shot or two (e.g. to ensure a fresh roll for the newlyweds' walk down the aisle) but generally it was enough to understand the timing of things and working within that.

You get quite good at unloading/loading film .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I that this is great! I am just making the transition to film and using the opportunity at weddings. I have no shame in the redo. It is only selective as I am a PJ at heart. A mix of everything is good!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Typically weddings are hurry up and wait affairs. Just load during the waits and have enough backs to get through each hurry up.

If you know basically what shots you really want in each hurry up and when they will be, you can plan for that plus a bit extra.
    ^^^
    I got along fine having 4 backs to instantly put on my ETRSi, and loading new rolls of film during the many 'waits'. Having 220 rather than 120 further eased things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ted 220 24 on 120 backs are cheap these days because of the limited availability of 220 film, but Kodak Portra is still available in that size and cost about £69 for a pack of 5 rolls which should be plenty to shoot a wedding with. Check this out http://www.ffordes.com/product/10072316352953
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you all only use one type of film? What ifu wanted to shoot bnw and colour?

sent from tap-a-talk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin