Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,055   Posts: 1,561,363   Online: 1056

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Whimps I used Kchrome 25 in bye gone days before digital, M4 35mm /1.4 and F 5cm /2

If the send of party was in evening and dark Id bring a 402 and lead acid acculumator and bounce of white ceilings.

Nowadays everyone has phone and emails shots/videos to brides phone, a pro is optional, the pros don't need a book beside the land line phone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjm View Post
    Actually, I was the Best Man and photographer at the same wedding.
    I knew you made a mistake but I worried you were going to correct it to officiating minister, priest or rabbi in addition to photographer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, since posting this thread, I've experimented with some setups. Agree that F1.4 and F2 is very helpful. My "nominal" film is 400 shot at 800 ASA. I use digital when I need color and I need to push it beyond 800 (say 1600 or 2000 ISO).
    Flash is an absolute emergency backup and I only pull it out when it's completely necessary (i.e. when ISO 3200 and F1.4 lens won't cut it). I try to leave it out otherwise as I think it can be quite distracting and really doesn't fit my approach. Anyways, just my observations.

Oh, cameras that can go to 1/4000 or greater are helpful too ISO 800 in bright daylight can be a boon if I can only go to 1/1000th shutter and I'm trying to get to F4 or F2.8 for separation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin