Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,148   Online: 855

Shooter
    Multi Format

-Traditional Wedding photographer.

-Hello to all friends.
    -I am now a retired wedding photographer for almost 6-7 years and i keep analog photography only for my self, and make video and video editing for job.
    -I have my own color & b&w darkroom and develop and print frequently. I have stop to make wedding because i don't like the result of digital progress, and if i didn't like something i don't want to make! life is not only money!
    -But now i realize is what i make is something deferent and maybe some people prefer than digital, as this traditional photography give better quality in DR, color, skin tones and is a proof progress of something is really existence than the digital manipulations, which you are not sure if the image is real or manipulate..
    -I want to ask if other photographer have the same approach, and keep shooting weddings with traditional photography, and if this is success, please give advice or some link from other traditional photographer.
    -Thanks to all.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't shoot weddings entirely on film but I use it for a majority of the process. All my images get scanned and go through the same workflow as my digital images in Lightroom.
    I usually prefer the film images to be honest but nice that we have access to all technologies these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex, I believe that you could market yourself as a film only wedding photographer and charge a premium for it. There will be clients who would prefer film over digital, perhaps for the look, perhaps for the archival quality, perhaps just to be different, perhaps for nostalgia. It doesn't matter what their motivation is, I believe that those type of clients are out there. Good luck, and do what you love to do.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin