Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,540   Online: 947

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Why would you say that?

I'm not a wedding photographer, but I certainly don't think that photographing a wedding competently is "whoring". Even doing it incompetently isn't whoring so much as it is lazy and deceitful.

You can make a credible argument that wedding photography is more craft than art, though some may disagree even with that.
    You missed the point. I have shot weddings very successfully. I do not enjoy the hand holding and being told what to do ...
    A short story of one of my experiences: While I was in college, one of the guys in the dorm was getting married. He asked me to be the photographer. Both he and his intended were of the hefty persuasion as were the members of both families and the guests. I was careful to not have any round or square objects in the background. When I printed the photographs, I tilted the easel a standard amount for all photographs so that everyone was elongated.

When I delivered the albums for the couple and one for each family they were elated. No one had ever photographed them so well! Everyone felt that I had finally captured the real them! I got so many orders for prints, that the one wedding paid for one year in college for me.
    I enjoy photography at my own pace and enjoyment. I have chosen not to have photography as my means of earning a living. Hence I enjoy what I am doing. Why put up with all the pressure to please other people for money, when I can go out and enjoy myself.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Some people need to, or choose to. Lots of room for all in this big ol' world

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is another article with more pictures. "Slyvia and Mark", I cannot believe it ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...close-ups.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cousin Henry might have done much better.
    Can't help, but the whole story is funny as hell. So are the pictures

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    The photographer's website is currently showing as out of service. If it's up for sale, cousin Henry could have a go at going legit. He couldn't possibly be worse!
    Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by werra View Post
    It might be funny, but, heck; I'd not like that that would happen at my wedding.

Those photos look like made by a snapshooter. Jesus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This isn't news, it is happening all over the world all the time, there isn't any regulation of the industry, anyone can call themselves a "Wedding Photographer".
    Last edited by benjiboy; 10-09-2009 at 12:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmacphee View Post
    The photographer's website is currently showing as out of service. If it's up for sale, cousin Henry could have a go at going legit. He couldn't possibly be worse!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-pictures.html

The company is apparently now out of business. The article also quotes him:

"I believe I am a great photographer, technically and creatively"

Yeah right

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nielsen View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-pictures.html

The company is apparently now out of business. The article also quotes him:

"I believe I am a great photographer, technically and creatively"

Yeah right
    He's a legend in his own lunchtime !
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Folks, I believe we've all been way too hard on poor Gareth. The bride and groom share some of the blame. They read the name "Fresh Images" and assumed fresh ment good. I say, "Not necessairly". For example, fresh piles of doggie doo (which coincidently, strongly resemble poor Gareth's photos) are not a good thing. He might actually believe poorly done photos are "fresh" and a more earthy way of capturing the moment. Maybe he's trying to start a new trend in wedding photography. He could be on the cutting edge of "Modern Crap".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin