Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,858   Online: 967

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy13 View Post
    When I started doing weddings it was at the budget end on 35mm film and the packages started at a 1 film wedding so it was what we had to work with,the top package was 4 rolls so it was luxury in having144 shots to play with.Those who have only done weddings in the digital age just don't know how lucky they are
    LOL, when I shot for a wedding mill, I had to do everything on three rolls of 36-exposure Fuji 160s. Normally it wasn't a problem, but when both the bride and groom are both from "Brady Bunch" backgrounds with multiple moms and dads and siblings, you can go through many rolls of film just shooting variations of formals with all the various parents and siblings.

I'm not so sure that we are so "lucky" in the digital age. The one HUGE benefit of shooting digital is that we don't need to be concerned so much with roll management and timing the changes. I had it down to an artform where you knew exactly which shots to shoot when. Otherwise, you'd have to change rolls before things like the processional and end up wasting half a roll. But all it took was one miss shot where you had to take a second one to throw your entire roll sequence off.

When I'm shooting digital, I'm always feeling just a little behind the 8-ball. You shoot, chimp, shoot and shoot some more "just to be sure". When I'm shooting film, I'm always pre-thinking everything and just know what the camera is going to do. Every time I press the shutter-release my confidence that the picture is going to be good is very high. Obviously, some things we overshoot because of closed-eyes and other issues, but rarely because we don't know what the file is going to be like. Although you can shoot a digital camera like a film camera, we don't. Never have, never will.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just remember though everyone.....

if you don't get any shots that YOU feel like you'd want to actually give to the bride and groom, then you'll make yourself look bad.

if you can cover a wedding and not feel bad in any way at all, after its done, then all the power to you .

I really cringe when I hear photographers say that they shoot on average 1500-3500 shots PER WEDDING. sometimes more. fudgin' nuts if you ask me :rolleyes:

-Dan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin