Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,686   Posts: 1,548,610   Online: 1320

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

A complete wedding on 1 roll of film.

At my last wedding, I decided to run a little experiment with my Leica M4-P and 50mm summicron f2. I wanted to capture the feel of the entire wedding on a single roll of Fuji 400 ProH.

Of course I had my other Nikons that were doing the lion's share of the work, but in this case I was testing myself with the completely manual camera.

Has anyone else ever tried this?

Not surprisingly, every shot came out, and I've posted the 15 or so of my favorites on my Austin Wedding Photographer website.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually don't do weddings, but I like the concept. Nice images.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The great thing about the M series Leica's is they are easy to use hand held at lowish shutter speeds and with no flash, I have used my M3 and 50mm Summicron at a few family weddings, not sure that 1 film would be enough though

As Jeff says some nice images.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not there yet, but I love the concept.

The last wedding I did, I used 6-36xp rolls of 400nc & 3-24xp rolls of bw400nc, including reception.

I think I can cut that in half next time.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too liked the images. I did not see many guest and "spontaneous" images, but I suppose they were on the rest of the roll (I think only 13 were shown).

I'm curious about a few other things:

By comparison, how many digital images did you shoot?
    If you weren't self limited to one roll of film, how many would you have shot?
    Have you shown the b&g the 36 film images and gotten their impression of the wedding coverage (on film)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, nice photos!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    When I started doing weddings it was at the budget end on 35mm film and the packages started at a 1 film wedding so it was what we had to work with,the top package was 4 rolls so it was luxury in having144 shots to play with.Those who have only done weddings in the digital age just don't know how lucky they are
    There Is A Bustle In My Hedgerow

My Film Shots On Flickr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There was a discussion on here the past few days. I used to average 150 exposures when I shot weddings. No reason why one roll shouldn't suffice. You just need to know which exposures to make.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

It's Great, I think!

But if I'm the only guy there, I'd feel better about a two roll wedding. One roll in each of two bodies. They could be 24's to even out the number of exposures. Maybe a 50/1.2 prime on one and a 90/2.8 on the other.

Now you're a REAL photographer if you consider doing a 1 roll 6X9 wedding!

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a great idea and a great challenge.

I like these sorts of projects, I do a 'one roll' project thing on famous streets and landmarks from time to time. I wonder if I could pull it off at a wedding, I'm shooting a friend's next summer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin