Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,048   Online: 911

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by movingimages View Post
    Hi there, I'm with you on this one TRR. Having just spent too much time in front of the computer, I've dug out my film bodies and moved away from digital. My set up is two F6's and an F5. The F5 has 160iso C-41 for outside, the F6's have 400iso / 800iso C41 and B&W for inside / reception. All goes off to the lab and I get my life back! I got the F6's because I like m/f and the F5 loses a lot of its metering superiority with non-chipped lenses. However have started using the C/V lenses with it and now of course there are the ZF.2's as well....
    Thanks for the reply. How do you like the f5? I've got an opportunity to pick one up at a nice price. I'm mostly using current gen Nikon lenses (14-24, 24-70, 70-200, 50G) and my understanding is that everything will play nice. Will I miss anything that I'm greatly used to on the f5? Is the f6 really worth the extra cost compared to the f5 or f100?

Are those of you that shooting weddings find that you use mostly B/W for interior work? Are there good color high-ISO films or is it better to stay monochrome? I've been so used to being able to go up to 6400 if I want that I'm trying to mentally reframe how this will work.

I've been told that Richard Photo Lab in CA does great developing and can provide high-res scans. Has anyone used them? If so, are the high-res scans holding up to decent printing sizes? For me that would be between 10 and 30 inches?

Again, many thanks

- trr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Several wedding photographers have been interviewed on the Inside Analogue Photo podcasts, which you can subscribe to on iTunes. I recall that some of them use Richard's Photo lab; however, I think that they might be a sponsor of the podcast, so take that into account.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Charles, I wasn't previously aware of that podcast!

- trr

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi TRR - The F5 will play fine with all your lenses. The only thing that I miss when moving from F5 to F6 is the input dials on the vertical grip - the F6 has them, the F5 doesn't. The custom functions are much easier to set on the F6 than the F5, but once set I don't really change them so this isn't a big factor. Oh - and that annoying locking button on the F5's on / off switch! I also love using the Nikon EN-EL4a batteries in the F6 - saves carrying around all those extra AA's for the F5. However these are pretty minor points. In it's favour the F5 has a proper mirror lock up rather than one as an option on the shooting speed dial.
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin