Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,513   Posts: 1,543,580   Online: 1082

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post

The pro's money/signature shots don't happen automatically, successful pros have developed "ways" to get their money/signature shots every time.
    Good description.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm surprised it hasn't be mentioned yet.... use the new Kodak Portra 400, you can push/pull that film at least two stops in either direction without needing a push/pull in development with some very pleasing results. Especally the 120 size. I've shot up to 1600 in 120 and 800 in 35mm. The colours become punchy and you get a great contrast.

Shot on a Rolleiflex 2.8F, Kodak Portra 400, exposed at ISO-1600, no push in development.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about color slides? Which one I can use in low light conditnions and how to use them properly. Really like to shoot indoor portrets.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    I'm surprised it hasn't be mentioned yet.... use the new Kodak Portra 400, you can push/pull that film at least two stops in either direction without needing a push/pull in development with some very pleasing results. Especally the 120 size. I've shot up to 1600 in 120 and 800 in 35mm. The colours become punchy and you get a great contrast.

Shot on a Rolleiflex 2.8F, Kodak Portra 400, exposed at ISO-1600, no push in development.
    +1 for the Portra 400.

I would not be surprised to see Kodak dump Portra 800 for this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtry View Post
    What about color slides? Which one I can use in low light conditnions and how to use them properly. Really like to shoot indoor portrets.
    You may still be able to find Fuji Provia 400x, I would not reccomend any push/pull on slide film.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Provia 400x can successfully be pushed to 1600. The results are a little contrasty, but much better than you would expect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm terms of real film speed as seen in shadow detail I think slide film pushes better. This was the commonly accepted wisdom at one time though that seems to have changed now. I always had good luck pushing slide film but I was doing my own E6 and got best results increasing development time a bit more than specified.

Provia 400 is a good film but already grainier and contrastier than 400 print films and both will increase with pushing.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just had a chance to push the Portra 400 film to 800 and I'm actually quite pleased. This was in very low light so the images were less than stellar (probably my fault also) but wow... I"ll have to try them at 1600.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin