Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,004   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would say get some of the new portra 400 and test it out, or if you still have a good supply of the pro 400h and are use to it, use it. For the B&W Keep it simple and use the neopan 1600. Use the b&w for the reception or whenever there is not much light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    The three I mentioned I have shot and seen results and I was impressed. So I'll do Portra 400 instead of 160vc. I will have an Elan 7e and either an EOS 650 or an EOS A2e on hand, I like the 5fps of the A2e.
    I can't comment much on film choices, having shot only one wedding, but as for equipment, take the A2e over the 650 if you can. I would imagine that if you are used to the handling and ergonomics of the Elan 7e, the similar size and main wheel/rear dial combo on the A2e probably provide an easier transition in switching between bodies on the fly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Would you theoretically want different feel/designs, though? So that if you load 2 different films you're not likely to take the wrong shot with the wrong camera (the brain says "whoa, there, this doesn't feel right" and you look and realize you're holding the wrong camera, etc).

Or is that not really much of a problem?
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just have a way to easily mark the camera. Different color straps, put different tape on the top of the camera, color tape for color, white or black tape for b&w.

Shooter
    35mm
    rather ingenious, actually! So simple, so easy!
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm not a pro. But i've shot about 10 weddings. The fact i'm still in good relationships may mean that the pictures have been appreciated.
    I've been using, mainly, Fuji Reala 100 iso, Fuji NPH 400. Lat one i did i used Reala and Kodak portra 160 (both VC and NC). Much depends on the light/lenses/moment of the day (morning, afternoon, night). If you have wide aperture lenses 100/160 could be ok for outdoors and 400 for indoors (provided it's in the morning/afternoon). If the wedding is in a Church go and talk with the Priest some days before. Have fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin