Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,314   Online: 867

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: wedding setup

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

wedding setup

What setup do you use for weddings. What camera, main, backup, lenses, film, how do you carry it?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll take a crack on this one.

My main camera is still a digital Pentax camera. Pentax K-7 usually with DA*55 F1.4.
    I have now include a Pentax 645 and Bronica ETRS (both with 75mm F2.8 lenses).
    In essence I have 2 film main cameras and the digital is a main, but also a backup.

I'm using Kodak Portra 400, Ilford Delta 400 and Ilford Delta 3200. Love the colors!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For the two weddings I have done (friends only) I have used a Mamiya RB67 with a Vivitar 285 mounted on the left hand grip.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I did about ten weddings (friends). Always carried two 35 mm bodies (contax 167+contax S2), three fixed lenses (35,85 and 135) and, sometimes, Hasselblad with standard lens (80 mm). I took most of the shots with the 35 mm (my stile is very close to street photography). Used a bag and a phot jacket (for filters and films).

Shooter
    35mm
    I've done a few now (family & friends) and I'm gaining a reputation as a last port of call for desperate mothers alarmed that their children haven't booked a proper photographer. Maybe it's the crowd I hang around with, but no one I know has gone for the 'fairytale' wedding that costs over £15,000; they're always either registry office then pub or really eccentric. I like shooting the latter more. I don't get paid, but I do get to eat some nice food and meet interesting people.

I use two FM2 bodies, one with a 50, one with a 24. I use Fuji 400H and have a Vivitar 283 which I bounce off the registry office ceiling if I'm forced to shoot indoors. I send the films to a pro lab for 6x4 proofs and usually there's no reprint requests (the couple usually don't care about photos and the relatives are using a flat bed scanner). I hand print one or two nice photos myself. I normally shoot four rolls of film, so 144 photos.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    always either registry office then pub or really eccentric.
    One of mine was both Registry Office and really eccentric!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way back when(visualize primordial forrest)I shot weddings with a pair of Olympus 35mm's(FTL & OM-1)and a Yashica D. I shot all the action with the 35's and all portraits with the Yash.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Basic wedding setup: Two N90s's, two SB80 strobes, 28-80 2.8, 80-200 2.8, Kodak Porta 400, Delta 400.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I've done a few now (family & friends) and I'm gaining a reputation as a last port of call for desperate mothers alarmed that their children haven't booked a proper photographer. Maybe it's the crowd I hang around with, but no one I know has gone for the 'fairytale' wedding that costs over £15,000; they're always either registry office then pub or really eccentric. I like shooting the latter more. I don't get paid, but I do get to eat some nice food and meet interesting people.

I use two FM2 bodies, one with a 50, one with a 24. I use Fuji 400H and have a Vivitar 283 which I bounce off the registry office ceiling if I'm forced to shoot indoors. I send the films to a pro lab for 6x4 proofs and usually there's no reprint requests (the couple usually don't care about photos and the relatives are using a flat bed scanner). I hand print one or two nice photos myself. I normally shoot four rolls of film, so 144 photos.
    Don't you feel that they are taking advantage of you, people used to invite me to weddings when they realized how much a wedding photographer would cost them and as an afterthought asked me to shoot the event for free, I did fall for it a few times in the past I admit, but nowadays if I'm invited to a wedding I only go as a guest.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    people used to invite me to weddings when they realized how much a wedding photographer would cost them and as an afterthought asked me to shoot the event for free
    I sometimes feel the same about parties I get invited to when I am asked to bring my guitar with me.

For the eccentric wedding I mentioned above, when asked, I told my friend that I had decided never to do wedding photography but in his case I would make an exception. The other one was someone at work who just wanted a few snaps of him and his wife after the service.

Neither of the weddings I have photographed could be described as 'normal' and in both cases I had the negatives processed and printed to 5x7 and gave them letters transferring copyright so they could get their own prints made if they wanted to.

Steve.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin