Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,899   Online: 1010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just shot my first 100% analog wedding!

So yesterday I shot a wedding using only my two F100's, a 24mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.4, Kodak Portra 400 and Kodak BW400CN. Oh my gosh how liberating! Got the film processed today and it looks fantastic!!!!

I am just so excited about this and I can't wait to add more pictures once I get permission, but here's two just to show something:

Has anyone else gone to a film workflow after shooting digitally? After yesterday, and seeing the film today, I can't imagine shooting digital again for this unless it's really just too damn dark for film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Congrats! Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wonderful!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never gone digital, but I have shot a few weddings on film years ago. Congrats, lookin'good.
    Last edited by Rick A; 08-22-2011 at 08:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great! Much better than digital!

Jeff

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
    ................. I can't imagine shooting digital again for this unless it's really just too damn dark for film.
    You know about Fuji 1600 right? It can take a full stop plus of under exposure and still look good when processed normally.

Not being rude, just trying to keep you on the straight and narrow. I'm a Kodak shooter, but right tool for the job and all that.

Congratulations!
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used a 1600 speed Fuji film about 5 years ago once, and the results were just awful. Can't remember what the name of the film was, but it was at my HS graduation. I might try something like TMAX 3200 @ 1600, or see how Portra 800 and BW400CN push. The thing is that actual B&W film IMO doesn't look good anywhere outside the darkroom. They scan terribly most of the time, and the BW400CN is much better in that dept when on a Frontier or Noritsu.

It's just that in the past, to be able to balance flash and ambient, i've been in situations where I was at f/1.4 and ISO 6400 on my D700. It would be tough to do that using film.

Anywho, here's a couple more shots from the other day!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very beautiful. I am so digging the color shots, specially the sunflower. i I think the new Portra can be pushed to 800 or above, I saw it in a blog once, the guy rated it to 1600 and it still looks good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Portra 400 can be pushed and pulled to the max with still amazing results. I've seen shots on Portra 400 exposed at 3200, and pushed just one stop during development. fantastic shots all!

As for high speed b/w, thoughts on Ilford Delta 3200?
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For 1600speed B&W, I have had good results with Tmax400 pushed. Other people get good results with Tri-X pushed. I mostly make prints in the darkroom, but have no problem scanning Tmax400 with my Epson v700. Don't use Tri-X but imagine it should also scan well.

Keep it up! At my wedding 10 years ago, I had one photographer shoot the normal color stuff and groups, and had a second photographer shooting B&W film (tmax 400 pushed) only which I processed myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin