Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,704   Online: 967

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks to you guys for the many nice, kind comments about my APUG portfolio. I was totally shocked, surprised and humbled when Jason informed me of this. I have had only two bad years to date in my long life. 2008 was certainly one of them - from many, many standpoints. I'm hoping that this APUG honor is a sign of a change of luck!!! I'm so often reminded of the line from a WWII song, "There'll be Bluebirds Over the White Cliffs of Dover, Tomorrow, Just You Wait and See!"

Cheers to each and everyone of you!

Gene

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I've was fortunate to meet Gene at APIS and viewed his work first hand and it's really wonderful. I was bowled over with his prints and sensitive eye.
    Gene is a very engaging speaker and I've been told by a few of his students he is a great teacher. I'm glad to see his work recognized here!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you, Don. Your comment is very meaningful to me. I would rather be known as a good teacher than a good learner - or a good photographer!

Cheers,

Gene

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulations Gene, and thanks for sharing your wonderful work - a real inspiration.

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    got his book. i will try some bromoil soon.

nice work gene.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a bit late, at the end of January, but better late than never, I hope.

Gene, your work is a landmark inspiration to me. It comes as no surprise to read the comment above of you having a sensitive eye, and being a wonderful teacher. You have always been kind to me in my inquiries, and one of these days I will absolutely NEED to start doing bromoil printing.

Thank you for your inspiration and good example!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still stumbling around in this Apug site,happen to find these interviews and found them very interesting and informative. Can't say enough about Apug and the wonderful people here, what a fine place this is. Mike

Gene those are beautiful bromiol photographs , hope to see many more in 2009.
    Last edited by mike c; 03-21-2009 at 01:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin