Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,665   Online: 949

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    International Film buys the stock from Kodak as a special order. It is listed in the Kodak MP film catalogue with a several roll (400ft roll) minimum order. John has regular 8 spools and cans. (the spools that the film I last got from him were Soviet in origin) a 400ft rolls gives 12 standard spools as the leaders mean you need 33 feet for each roll.

I understand that it was John who persuaded Kodak to make the stock available as a special order.
    Ouch - I see it now. The 100D has a 20-roll minimum, the Tri-X reversal has a 5-roll minimum, and the release print (Vision 3383) has, if I'm reading it correctly, a 160-roll minimum of 2000-foot rolls! Wow, you'd have to really want to print some release prints in Regular 8mm format...
    all the stranger since there is currently no color negative film available in that format.

Oh, and someone asked for the link:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...ber15_2011.pdf

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    the release print (Vision 3383) has, if I'm reading it correctly, a 160-roll minimum of 2000-foot rolls! Wow, you'd have to really want to print some release prints in Regular 8mm format...
    all the stranger since there is currently no color negative film available in that format.
    http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploa...ber15_2011.pdf
    Making prints in Regualr 8 is often (or perhasp I should say WAS often) done with a step printer from a 16mm or larger negative. If you look there may be an Internegative available, with Regualr 8 Perfs,

Mind you a 16mm Internegative would work fine, the printer would just not engage some of the regular 8 perfs., it would be a bit trickier buy not imposible to get the images in teh right place on the internegative.

Once you start making prints you are generaly working from a project which has been edited. if you still need a work print for something shot in 8mm it might be easier to get it blown up to 16.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI: I got the following reply from John Schwind (with respect to Super-Cine-x Reg-8 and Cine-X Reg-8 reversal 100 & 25 ft rolls);
    Cine X is sold out and no longer available. Super cine -X is available
    in both 25ft and 100ft sizes.--John .
    Well, I bought a bunch of both.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Imagine if kodak sold all their products direct from their website.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Imagine if kodak sold all their products direct from their website.
    Imagine if they'd starting doing so 10 years ago...
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin