Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,610   Online: 691

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Double-X 5222 now directly orderable from Kodak online

It's been straightforward to get 400' rolls of Double-X direct from Kodak if you were willing to call their 800 number and deal with a human.... but now you can order it online with a few clicks:

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...oryID.55766300

There were a few online retailers who sold it at a very small markup, but now you can get it from the source. (If you want more than 2 rolls you still need to call them, but if you want more than 2 rolls you were probably already calling them!)

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too bad you can't order regular-8 off the Kodak website. I need a bunch more from John Schwind; wonder where he gets it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Regular 8mm

You can order reversal reg/doublr 8mm film from Freestyle, albeit in Foma. I have shot a good amount of it, and it looks great.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/411801...8-REGULAR-8-10

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I assume he's re-perforating 16mm film...? As far as I know, Kodak simply doesn't manufacture regular-8 any more.

Duncan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yale film and video in Burbank, CA sells and processes 8mm film. Not sure, but I think it is kodak. I have worked with these guys a bunch. Maybe worth a call to find out their supplier.

http://www.yalefilmandvideo.com/film...p?expandable=3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can buy 8mm film from the Kodak web site. The film is listed in the Motion Picture Catalog.

Ektachrome 100D reversal film sold in 16mm form with 8mm perforations in a 400 foot roll.

Tri-x reversal film also sold in 16mm form with 8mm perforation in a 400 foot roll.

There is also Kodak Vision colour print film 3383 sold in 16mm form with 8mm perforations in a 2000 foot roll. This film would be used to print from a colour negative film like the Vision 2 or Vision 3 series films.

This is where the 8mm film suppliers get their film. They buy it in 400 foot rolls and cut it to 25 feet spools to sell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman930 View Post

Tri-x reversal film also sold in 16mm form with 8mm perforation in a 400 foot roll.
    Link?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jbwpro View Post
    You can order reversal reg/doublr 8mm film from Freestyle, albeit in Foma. I have shot a good amount of it, and it looks great.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/411801...8-REGULAR-8-10
    I have used a lot of that, but its only in 25ft rolls.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    I assume he's re-perforating 16mm film...? As far as I know, Kodak simply doesn't manufacture regular-8 any more.

Duncan
    International Film buys the stock from Kodak as a special order. It is listed in the Kodak MP film catalogue with a several roll (400ft roll) minimum order. John has regular 8 spools and cans. (the spools that the film I last got from him were Soviet in origin) a 400ft rolls gives 12 standard spools as the leaders mean you need 33 feet for each roll.

I understand that it was John who persuaded Kodak to make the stock available as a special order.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pretty sweet! Ive been respooling XX in 35mm cassette discards. Its a nice film which Ive been developing in Rodinal stand. Its gives it a very old timey effect (best description I could come up with).

At $141 per 400/ft roll, fresh and direct form the source its a good deal. It come out to about $35.25 per 100ft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin